905 words/7:00 minutes to read
In this blog, we want to mix two of the most thrilling things we can experience. One, the adrenaline of a helicopter ride, and two, the awe-inspiring scenery of some of the world’s best cities and natural features.
To be practical we will divide this blog into types of helicopter rides. On this list, we will cover some cities, waterfalls, and other natural features.
For cities, you can imagine the great views of skyscrapers, urban sprawl, and the surrounding areas. On our list are New York, Rio de Janeiro, and Sydney.
- New York: Helicopter rides in New York offer one of the most breathtaking aerial experiences available. These tours allow visitors the opportunity to see iconic landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the Empire State Building from an impressive vantage point. And as well, consider having a nice stay at the Four Seasons Downtown New York.
Photo by Thomas Habr
- Rio de Janeiro: For an unforgettable experience in Rio de Janeiro, take a helicopter ride to appreciate the city’s breathtaking beaches, lush mountain ranges, and crystal blue ocean. Explore the skyline at an angle and admire the views from high above Copacabana, Cristo Redentor, or Sugarloaf Mountain. With experienced pilots and stunning aerial views, this is sure to be an unforgettable experience. A great hotel is the Emiliano Rio.
Photo by Davi Costa
- Sydney: Sydney is a city that’s best explored from the skies, and a helicopter ride allows visitors to get spectacular views of the city skyline, beaches, and landmarks. Observe the Harbor Bridge, Luna Park, and the Opera House in their entirety, as well as the city’s natural beauty and stunning. Our recommended accommodation is the Shangri-La Sydney.
Photo by Elton Sa
Waterfalls, we think of Iguazu Falls, Victoria Falls, and Niagara Falls
- Iguazu Falls are breathtaking from the air. A helicopter ride in this region is a memorable experience that is sure to be remembered for years. The incredible power and size of the falls, combined with the lush green surroundings, will leave you feeling awe-inspired and wishing the trip would never end. In addition to the spectacular views of the falls, a helicopter ride offers an up-close-and-personal view of several of the nearby attractions including San Martin Island, San Martin Island National Park, and Bird’s Island Nature Reserve. Here you can stay at the Hotel das Cataratas by Belmond Hotels.
Photo by Jamie Dantas
- Victoria Falls is considered one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, and a helicopter ride is the best way to experience it. You can catch panoramic views of the Zambezi River, Tunduma Gorge, and the Victoria Falls Bridge from the air. The views from up high are unrivaled and provide an opportunity to see the falls from a truly unique perspective. Here you can stay at the Matesi Hotels.
Photo by Sammy Wong
- Niagara Falls, experience the breathtaking beauty of Niagara Falls from the air with a helicopter ride. You can soar over the Niagara River, the Horseshoe Falls, the Whirlpool, and the American and Bridal Veil Falls to get an amazing aerial view of the area.
Photo by Venti Views
Other great locations include Mount Everest, the Grand Canyon, the Great Barrier Reef, and Danakil Depression.
- A helicopter ride to Mount Everest is an unforgettable experience that immerses travelers in the awe-inspiring beauty of the world’s highest mountain. Flightseeing adventures traverse the Himalayan range as they see its greatest peak and the Tibetan Plateau, including a spectacular view of the Tibetan capital of Lhasa. Passengers not only experience a once-in-a-lifetime adventure but also a unique spiritual exploration.
Photo by Martin Jernberg
- Helicopter rides at the Grand Canyon typically originate from Tusayan, Arizona. Most tours take off right in the town, giving passengers breathtaking views of the canyon as soon as they get off the ground. Depending on the tour, a helicopter ride at the Grand Canyon can last anywhere from fifteen minutes to an hour or more. Passengers will soar over the canyon, spotting wildlife and flying between the towering walls of majestic rock.
Photo by Michael Kirsh
- Now, if you’re looking to take your Great Barrier Reef experience to the next level, then a scenic helicopter ride is definitely the way to go. Strap into a luxurious chopper and soar over crystal blue waters and idyllic coral cays as you spot spectacular wildlife such as Eagle Rays, Turtles, Sharks, and Whales from up high. From breathtaking aerial views to champagne breakfasts served directly on secluded beaches below the helicopter, your most memorable ocean adventure awaits.
Photo by Colton Jones
- Finally, a helicopter ride over the Danakil Depression is an unforgettable experience, offering stunning views of the incredible and captivating landscape below. Departing from the picturesque city of Mekele, a helicopter ride over the Danakil Depression will take you soaring over bubbling sulphuric hot springs, vibrant colored lakes, and the striking basalt rock towers known as “tepuis” that make up the spectacular landscape below. After soaring over the Ahmed Ela gas fields, helicopter rides return to Base Camp for a brief refuel before heading out to experience the kaleidoscope of color in the myriad of bubbling lakes and captivating volcanic landscape of Dallol.
Photo by Jorge Tung
Now, this is not a comprehensive list of ALL the great places. But! It is a good place to get started.
Click here to GET IN TOUCH or Call us at (800) 294-5031
All World Travel – The Best Travel Experiences, Personalized for You